This page lists the OpenAPI Specification resources available on apihandyman.io.
But what is the OpenAPI Specification?
The OpenAPI Specification (or OAS) is a standard and programming-language agnostic REST API description format. Formerly known as the Swagger Specification, this format has been donated to the Open API Initiative (or OAI) which is a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project.
There are two versions of the OpenAPI Specification:
- Version 2.0 which is basically Swagger 2.0 Specification
- Version 3.0 which is the first evolution after the donation of the Swagger Specification to the Open API Initiative
The OpenAPI Specification is a community driven format, anyone can contribute to it through its github repository.
OpenAPI Specification version 2.0 Tutorial
Learn all OpenAPI Specification 2.0 secrets with this 9 parts tutorial:
- Part 1 - Introduction
- Part 2 - The basics
- Part 3 - Simplifying specification file
- Part 4 - Advanced Data
- Part 5 - Advanced Input And Output Modeling
- Part 6 - Defining Security
- Part 7 - Documentation
- Part 8 - Splitting specification file
- Part 9 - Extending the OpenAPI specification
OpenAPI Map for version 2.0 & 3.0
If you’re a bit lost in the OpenAPI Specification documentation, take a look at the OpenAPI Map: